As a homeowner with wood flooring here in Sunny San Jose, you probably understand that fading from the sun is a big problem in So Cal homes. We live in a beautiful place here but the rays of the sun can wreak havoc on hardwood floors. If you have ever had your hardwood floors done, you know how expensive and laborious it can be and probably want to avoid needing to have it done again. Therefore, preventing the fading of your San Jose floors should and may already be a high priority for you. While shades and curtains help to some degree, the fact of the matter is sunlight still gets through. Also, blinds and curtains block out the natural light and views that you no doubt enjoy. So, how do you protect your floors from sun bleaching and your carpets from fading? The answer is more simple than you may think and affordable too–window film.

Why Wood Floors and Carpets Get Bleached From The Sun?  

The biggest threat to the “health” of your wood floors is, in fact, sunlight. But, in particular, it is the ultraviolet (UV) rays within that light that are the largest contributor to the fading of your flooring. The actual name of the process is as photodegradation. This is when UV light breaks down the molecules in any material, your wood floors notwithstanding.  

How To Keep UV Rays From Destroying Your Wood Floors And Furnishings

While some glass windows may block up to 75% of UV rays, that still leaves another 25% to effectively work all day, every day to ruin your hardwood floors and/or carpets. Window film, on the other hand, blocks 99.9% of the harmful UV rays streaming through your San Jose home daily. It is the equivalent of an SPF 1000, so your floors, carpets, leather furnishings, and artwork are all protected against photodegradation. Best of all, using window film as a solution to fading is less expensive than replacement windows and having your wood floors refinished and it allows in the natural light and views you love too!

For more information on window film to protect your San Jose wood floors, carpets and more, contact us as San Jose window film for pricing on UV blocking window film today!

Angus Faith has an extensive background and experience operating in the architectural and construction industry. For years, he worked as an architect in Scotland where he obtained his degree and assisted with numerous commercial and residential projects. Later, he moved to the United States and began a new career in the window tinting industry, a job which he has now held for over a decade. Using a combination of his architectural knowledge and insight of window tinting innovations, Angus specializes in helping his customers in San Jose find the perfect window film to meet their goals. Over the years, he has worked with a range of brands and types of window film, including energy efficient, security, and decorative options from 3M, LLumar, Vista, Solar Gard, C-Bond, and more. Angus is a product expert and is considered to be one of the top professionals in his field.